Somatic Experiencing® is a body-oriented approach to healing trauma. This approach is based on a deep understanding of nervous system physiology and is a potent psychobiological approach to resolving the symptoms of trauma and chronic stress.
Principles of Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Healing
- not re-living trauma but re-negotiating it
- understanding how animals discharge shock
- taking your time to slowly release the energy
- understanding generational and developmental trauma patterns
- body-first orientation of learning to track sensations
- using pendulation, oscillation, and flow to find greater capacity
"Trauma resolved is a great gift, returning us to the natural world of ebb and flow, empowerment, harmony, and compassion."
- Peter Levine, PhD, founder of Somatic Experiencing®
As a Somatic Experiencing® practitioner and a midwife trained in pre and perinatal birth therapy, many people come to see me to heal trauma from conception, pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and early childhood. Early developmental trauma can create a template for later challenges, and healing these core imprints can allow one to find greater freedom, ease, resiliency and actively engage in present life. Learn more about early trauma and how it impacts development in babies, children and adults.
- attachment and relationship issues
- chronic health issues, including lyme, autoimmunity and chronic fatigue syndrome
- digestive disorders
- anxiety and stress
- women's health
- injuries and accidents
- resolve the symptoms of trauma and chronic stress
- build more resilience and enjoy living in the functional range of the autonomic nervous system
- identify internal and external resources and learn how to use them
- feel safe in the world and your body
- feel a greater capacity to enjoy life
In the past 20 twenty years I delved deeply into the realms of healing to be of service to the world, and to answer questions around my own journey of reclaiming health. I have discovered so many beautiful modalities and methods that support profound healing on the levels of body, mind and spirit. When I work, I draw on all of my experience and meet each person and family where they are at. Our sessions together empower you to feel healthy and happy in your body, and to trust in your body's innate wisdom. This supports your ability to resolve stuck patterns, obstacles, fears or past trauma keeping you from having the joyful life that you desire and that is your birthright. In a session you will receive support that is deeply influenced by all of my training, including Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Body-Mind Centering®, Authentic Movement, Midwifery, Herbalism, Zero Balancing, Chi Nei Tsang, Mayan Uterine Massage, Acupressure and Jin Shin Jyutsu. I look at these modalities like the systems of the body, we are not just informed by organs or bones, we are breathing living organisms working together in harmonic resonance. I also offer Somatic Experiencing® sessions via Skype or phone.
"Working with Chanti one on one has had a great impact on my healing journey. In our phone sessions I am able to move deeply and fluidly into areas in need of attention and healing. I feel completely safe, guided and supported. The sessions themselves feel organic and have a motion of their own."
- Ash Straw, Actress, New York, New York
Support During the Childbearing Years
Somatic Experiencing®, in conjunction with Craniosacral Therapy, is especially supportive for mothers throughout pregnancy, as well as after birth for babies and parents. I am happy to offer in-home postpartum sessions for the whole family.
Read more about how I can support you in the following areas:
- Fertility and Conception
- Postpartum Integration and Breastfeeding Support
- Holistic Pelvic Care™ and Womb Healing
" I saw Chanti in one on one sessions when I got pregnant. It was the most wonderful support I've ever had."
- Fia Sandlund, Filmmaker, Brooklyn, New York
To prepare for your first session with me, please fill out the Adult Intake Form and email it back to me or bring it to your appointment.