Holistic childbirth preparation classes incorporate relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques for pregnancy and childbirth. Classes support a mother's natural instincts and pre-birth bonding to experience a more empowered birthing. Five, 2.5 hour classes are held in a small group format to support mothers and their partners, or birth companions to prepare for an empowered and embodied birth experience.
I teach a comprehensive and holistic childbirth education class supporting parents to use their natural instincts to experience a safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing. I combine many methods, drawing upon hypnosis-centered techniques, such as guided imagery and breath work, as well as the latest research in Pre and Perinatal Psychology, focusing on pre-birth bonding and understanding the consciousness of the little one inside.
Classes include information, exercises and resources on:
- preparation to have an empowered and embodied birthing experience
- nutrition, herbal medicine and homeopathic support
- options and providers for home, birth center and hospital birth
- anatomy and physiology of birth
- how to support variations of the normal birth process
- how to release fears and prevent trauma
- exercises on the perception of pain
- massage and hands-on comfort measures
- positions for labor
- postpartum, breastfeeding and newborn care
"Childbirth education with Chanti truly shifted my perception of birth, giving me the tools and belief in myself to accomplish a safe and beautiful birth."
- Johanna Guevara-Smiley, Graphic Designer, Brooklyn, New York